Friday, June 14, 2013

Good Morning Y'all!

There is nothing better than waking up to a nice 70 degrees Colorado breeze coming through my window, something that I never get to wake up to back home in the summer. In Texas you prepare for the 100 degree weather starting as early as 10am, not to mention the awful humidity. Coming back to Estes Park this summer for a second season at The Baldpate Inn is a definite treat to say the least.
This morning was a reaffirmation of why I love Colorado and the reason I came running back to the Baldpate Inn.

Coming downstairs to work this  morning, being greeted with a "Morning Kiddo!" by Lois, and immediately feeling the welcoming energy from the rest of the staff even though it is an early 7:45am. The smell of the Swiss quiche as I enter the kitchen makes it feel that much more like home. And right before I clocked in, I took a moment to step out onto the front porch to take in the view (something that one can easily look over after living here for a couple of weeks), watch the humming birds sporadically zipping around my head as I try to snap a photo for our Facebook page, and finally take a deep breath and take in the beauty that is the Rocky Mountain National Park.

With that said, please come join us on this Beautiful Friday morning (soon to be afternoon) and partake in the beauty that is view from our front porch. We would love to have you and show you around (I particularly love giving a tour and a history lesson for those who are interested).

Today's soups are the beloved Cowboy Buffalo Stew and Potato Leek Soup. The flavor of these soups will  truly be enhanced when enjoyed with a glass of our Two Rivers Cabernet Sauvignon Chardonnay or our Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio. We also have homemade Honey Wheat Bread (my personal favorite, on my break you can find me with two slices of warm Honey Wheat Bread topped with a little butter and salt) as well as our Banana Butterscotch and Feta Muffins!

We look forward to seeing you!

Warm Regards,

Matthew Konrad
Kitchen Manager