Sunday, June 22, 2008

Soups, Muffins and Estes Cone!

Good Morning, Estes Park!
Lately I've met a lot of Baldpate guests who have hiked to the top of Estes Cone. Hearing their stories made me want to hike there myself, so that's what I did! Our Baldpate Events Manager, Jody, and myself left The Baldpate at 4am (while the moon was still out!) to make it to the top of Estes Cone and back down again before we were scheduled to work that afternoon. It was a hard hike, but the view at the top made it all worth it! Here are a couple pictures from our hike:
(This is me at the very top where it was very windy!)

(A view of the sunrise we saw on our hike up to Estes Cone)

If you have any suggestions for my next hiking adventure, please stop by the front desk today and tell me all about it! Stay for a while and treat yourself to our Tropical Breeze or Blueberry Muffins. Potato Leek soup (my favorite!) and Beef Stew will be featured today along with our famous cornbread. Today we are celebrating this Sunny Sunday by offering a "Sunday Sundae"- Ice Cream Sundaes for $1.50! Prizes will be awarded to the customers with the best sandals, flip-flops, or Hawaiian shirts. And today is the last day to enter to win our *Grand Prize* drawing for a Key Gift Certificate!
I hope to see you here in your best summer gear! For reservations, please call me at (970) 586- 6151.
Your Baldpate Front Desk Manager,
Pamela