Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Soups, Muffins and Llamas

Good Morning, Estes Park!
Since moving to Estes from Chicago in May of this year, I have really appreciated all there is to do here in Colorado. After attending the Wool Market at the Fairgrounds this year, I noticed a sign for an upcoming LLAMA RACE in Fairplay, CO. How could I miss this opportunity? Jody, our Events Manager here at The Baldpate, and I drove to Fairplay this past Saturday to compete in their annual Llama Race.....and it was even more fun than it sounds!

(This is me with my llama, "Ying Yang")

(Ying Yang and I forging one of four rivers during the race)

Our weekend away from Estes was a lot of fun, but it's great to be back at The Baldpate...especially considering today's tasty menu! Fresh out of the ovens will be our Lemon Ginger and Banana Butterscotch muffins. Filling our soup pots today will be our Red Chili and Cream of Mushroom soups. Make sure to stop on by for a taste of our famous cornbread as well!

For reservations please call us at (970) 586-6151. I look forward to seeing you here!

Your Baldpate Front Desk Manager,

Pamela

www.BaldpateInn.com