Saturday, July 25, 2009

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care....


....in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

In case you didn't know today it's Christmas out at the Baldpate, or at least Christmas in July. Our friends from the Spruce House in town have really done some decorating out here and if I didn't know any better I would think that snow was going to start falling outside at any minute. From what I have heard, both Santa and Mrs. Clause are due to make a few appearances throughout the day, so I have my wish list ready.

Dear Santa,
I have been a very good girl this year. Please for Christmas in July may we have Red Chili and Cream of Mushroom Soups? Oh and if it is not too much to ask may we have Oatmeal Blues and Ben's Onion Garlic Muffins? Don't worry Santa, this year I will leave out your very favorite sweet treat, our scrumptious homemade cherry pie with a dollop of ice cream on top! And as one last favor Santa, please let me make it up Long's Peak? Thank you and Merry Christmas!
Love,
Katie
Because it is Christmas, the cooks were in such high spirits that they told me that we would be having our yummy Beef Stew and Tomato Rice soup tomorrow. I just love the generosity of the holidays!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!