Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fallin' in Love with The Baldpate Inn

Good Morning from the ever-so Enchanted Baldpate Inn!

I must admit, I have fallen in love with this place all over again. Last year as a cook, I never wanted to leave because of the amazing people I met and the pure joy that I had while I was here. This year is quite different (not to say I don't love the people I work with, but instead I am getting to see this place from a whole new point of view)! I have been able to spend a lot more time at the front desk, meaning much more time with our valued guests, and boy do I like it more this way.

I enjoy learning about the history of this almost 100 year old inn, where new history seems to be brought up to us every day! For instance, just a week ago a group of ladies came in to look at the Key Room. They asked me if I had any idea where the Titanic key was. I was utterly confused because I had never heard of a Titanic key here, and I was almost positive that we would have known about one if we had it. Well we looked it up on our master key list, and sure enough! I had to track down a museum curator to navigate the 20,000+, but we found it! The tag says "Safe Deposit Box Key to the Titanic of Molly Brown"! Who knew! Not sure on the validity of the key, but we will try to uncover the history of it this summer. It is the small discoveries like that, which make me fall in love. Being able to get guests excited about this place and passing on the enchantment of the Baldpate makes my day. Every day it is my personal goal to have a new visitor fall in love and I am willing to go leaps and bounds to do so, whether it is a tour, a brief rundown of the history, an explanation of why I am here, or a walk to see my favorite key!

With all that said, come fall in love with the Baldpate Inn today and indulge in our Cowboy Buffalo Stew (real Buffalo, not real Cowboy), and the divinely decadent Pumpkin Curry. The muffins of the day are Zucchini Nut and Mandarin Orange. We will be looking forward to your arrival!

Warm Regards from the Texan Manager,

Matthew Konrad