Sunday, July 21, 2013

Gingerbread House Making Competition!

Hey yall!
   
      What a breathtaking afternoon we have here at the Baldpate! The sun is out, the breeze is blowing and the hummingbirds are soaring! We've started decorating for Christmas in July which makes me one happy girl because Christmas is my favorite holiday! I think I'll always remember as a kid waiting at the top of the stairs at 6 or 7 o'clock while my mom went to check that Santa had come (She liked to keep us on our toes).The other favorite tradition I recall is making gingerbread houses and eating half of the ingredients before I finished. Luckily for me, Christmas has come early this year as we kick off Christmas in July this Tuesday. To celebrate, the staff will be competing in a gingerbread house making contest with our customers acting as judges.The judging will begin July 24th starting at lunch. Speaking of which, today our soups are Cowboy Buffalo Stew and Potato Leak soup and are salads are Orange Apple Cinnamon, Citrus Melon Zest and Lemon Mandarin Orange. For all you potato soup lovers out there you should definitely try our Potato Leek. It's a unique twist on the classic that leaves you wanting more. I really hope to see you all here today to enjoy the beautiful view and festive decorations while you reminisce about your Christmas's past.

The Best Little Gingerbread Maker,

Georgie